Saturday, July 25, 2009

Pioneer Day

Now that we live up @ the U we talk to a lot of Friends who are from out of state. As the the 24th started to get close our Friends were making fun of the fact that Utah makes a bigger deal about Pioneer Day then the 4th of July. A friend and I think we are so smart tell them that it is the day we became a state that is why we make such a big deal about it and we just recognize the pioneer for coming here. (That is why we call it the day's of 47) Well one of my friends who grow up in Wyoming (and did not take Utah history growing up) challenges me. So I google it. I found out the the 24th is a day that the pioneers came into the Vally in 1847 and that we became a state in Jan. 1896, or something. Ha ha I guess next time I have a history class I will pay more attention to the teacher and less time to my friend:) So for Pioneer Day we thought we would remember there long trek and make one of our own to Lava Hot Spring, Idaho. Here is some of our fun pic. I have never been before but will be going back soon, it was so much fun.

2 comments:

Brooke and Ryan said...

Shae, pay attention in history class... funny! ha ha. Looks like you had a great time, how fun!

Morgan@LittleHouseofVeggies said...

Hey Cam, Its Dave. Im envious that you took your family to the Lava hot springs, it makes me want to take my family for a trip! Im actually glad I wasnt there to play NCAA football because you would have beat me on a double overtime computer cheating field goal block. Miss you guys, liked looking at all your pics. :)